What Conservatism IS And Is NOT
I’ve been a Conservative since 1976, America’s Bicentennial.
I’ve picketed abortion clinics.
Work food and clothing pantries.
Work a FREE Community Breakfast where an average 330 poor and homeless are fed each breakfast.
Worked a street, project and concert ministry for 12 years.
I’ve been a Charter Member of, or Member of:, OR subscriber to:
CITIZENS AGAINST GOVERNMENT WASTE
I’m a Bible Teacher
and own copies of:
THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
THE FEDERALIST PAPERS
THE CONSTITUTION/BILL OF RIGHTS
and, I’ve studied through The Bible 59 times since 1976.
I’ve have debated, discussed, reason with and shook my head and scratched my head at Liberals for 41 years.
So, it is with THAT in mind that I post This Conservative Manifesto.
This is long so pace yourself.
FIRST, SOME ARTICLES AND LINKS DEFINING CONSERVATISM.
A Return To Constitutional Conservatism.
WHAT AMERICA’S FOUNDING FATHERS SAID AND WROTE.
ARTICLE 1, SECTION 8
The Congress shall have the power
- 1. to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States:
- 2. To borrow money on the credit of the United States:
- 3. To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes:
- 4. To establish an uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States:
- 5. To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures:
- 6. To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States:
- 7. To establish post-offices and post-roads:
- 8. To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries:
- 9. To constitute tribunals inferior to the supreme court:
- 10. To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offences against the law of nations:
- 11. To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water:
- 12. To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years:
- 13. To provide and maintain a navy:
- 14. To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces:
- 15. To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions:
- 16. To provide for organizing, arming and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress:
- 17. To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such district (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings: And,
- 18. To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.
ARTICLE 1, SECTION 9
Provision as to migration or importation of certain persons. Habeas Corpus, Bills of attainder, etc. Taxes, how apportioned. No export duty. No commercial preference. Money, how drawn from Treasury, etc. No titular nobility. Officers not top receive presents, etc.
- 1. The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year 1808, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importations, not exceeding 10 dollars for each person.
- 2. The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.
- 3. No bill of attainder or ex post facto law shall be passed.
- 4. [No capitation, or other direct tax shall be laid unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.] Altered by 16th Amendment , a Marxist attack by The Democrat Party in 1913.
- 5. No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported from any state.
- 6. No preference shall be given by any regulation of commerce or revenue to the ports of one state over those of another: nor shall vessels bound to, or from one state, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay duties in another.
- 7. No money shall be drawn from the treasury but in consequence of appropriations made by law; and a regular statement and account of the receipts and expenditures of all public money shall be published from time to time.
- 8. No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no person holding any office or profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.
NOTICE, NO mention of the Department of Education, the EPA, The Federal Reserve, the Income Tax, Big Government Micro-management, nor the so-called “right” to murder the unborn, nor mention of any “right” for ANYONE to redefine marriage and family. We will look further into this as we go along.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
We Will look closer at the 1st eleven Amendments later, along with the 14th Amendment and The Declaration of Independence shortly.
Kentucky’s Resolution 1:
That the several states composing the United States of America are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their general government; but that, by compact, under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a general government for special purposes, delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each state to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force; that to this compact each state acceded as a state, and is an integral party, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party; that this government, created by this compact, was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself, since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress.
Kentucky Resolution 2.
That the Constitution of the United States, having delegated to Congress a power to punish treason, counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States, piracies, and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations, and no other crimes, whatsoever; and it being true as a general principle, and one of the amendments to the Constitution having also declared, that “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people,” therefore the act of Congress, passed on the 14th day of July, 1798, and intitled “An Act in addition to the act intitled An Act for the punishment of certain crimes against the United States,” as also the act passed by them on the—day of June, 1798, intitled “An Act to punish frauds committed on the bank of the United States,” (and all their other acts which assume to create, define, or punish crimes, other than those so enumerated in the Constitution,) are altogether void, and of no force whatsoever.
The Virginia Resolution.
That this Assembly doth explicitly and peremptorily declare, that it views the powers of the federal government as resulting from the compact to which the states are parties, as limited by the plain sense and intention of the instrument constituting that compact, as no further valid than they are authorized by the grants enumerated in that compact; and that, in case of a deliberate, palpable, and dangerous exercise of other powers, not granted by the said compact, the states, who are parties thereto, have the right, and are in duty bound, to interpose, for arresting the progress of the evil, and for maintaining, within their respective limits, the authorities, rights and liberties, appertaining to them.
FOR THE FULL CONTEXT OF THE KENTUCKY AND VIRGINIA RESOLUTIONS SEE LINKS EMBEDDED.
THE BILL OF RIGHTS – FULL TEXT
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
- This directly references and restricts CONGRESS; The States and The People CAN freely express, display and celebrate their Christian faith, regardless of denomination, however they freely decide, and ON public lands.
- ALL The Federal and State Building of the time had Bible Scripture, Biblical references, and/or Biblical depictions on and/or in them,
- 27 of the 56 Founding Fathers that signed our Declaration of Independence, and the 41 that signed our Constitution were seminary educated Ministers, many were ORDAINED Ministers of the various Christian denominations of the day.
- One of the FIRST acts of the VERY FIRST CONGRESS was to purchase and distribute 20,000 BIBLES that were destroyed in the Revolutionary War…WITH TAX DOLLARS.
- Also the FIRST CONGRESS established and funded WITH TAX DOLLARS The American Bible and Tract Society.
- Also the FIRST CONGRESS established Christian Chaplains for each branch of the military, and each branch of government.
- The MOST QUOTED source of all America’s Founders was The Bible, Blackstone and Burke were also cited, and they both were Christian men and based their views and writings upon Biblical Principles.
- There is NO Constitutional “wall of separation between church and state”. Christians do NOT have less, NOR inferior/2nd class rights. As already noted America’s Founders were deeply Christian men, and 98% of all American’s were professing AND practicing Christians.
- We can FREELY discuss sports, the weather, favorite dishes, family, politics and religion ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME IN AMERICA.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
- The Founders equated The People to and with the Militia.
- There was to be NO law to infringe upon the rights of the citizenry to own, possess and carry a gun at ANY time, ANY where, of ANY type. There is NO Constitutional gun law except and apart from the 2nd Amendment.
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
- The Founders KNEW that Liberty was insolubly linked to the Rule of Law, NOT the rule of man/men.
- Hence the adage “Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose.” America’s Founders, the ones who wrote the 1st Amendment, ALSO held sacred property rights. There was NO sense whatsoever of shared property, government ownership/control of property, or communism anywhere in Constitutional Law as America’s Founders wrote, and gave it to us.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
- America’s Founders KNEW that Liberty and one’s Rights meant nothing IF the government could violate a person’s PROPERTY for any, i.e. unreasonable reason.
- Hence America’s Founders codified into Constitutional Law the God-given,sacred right to private property. “A man’s home/property was HIS castle.” it was once believed and adhered to.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unlesson a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger;nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of LIFE, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without JUST compensation.
- NO person will held for any capital or infamous crime UNLESS a presentment/indictment from a grand jury is duly issued, and there has been proper evidence, 2 or more witnesses affirming the same crime, beforehand.
- NO ONE shall ever be charged for the SAME crime more than once.
- America’s Founders listed LIFE as a right here, in the Declaration of Independence and in the 14th Amendment FIRST, recognising LIFE as a God-given, right that they THREE TIMES mentioned, and TWICE codify into CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. NO WHERE is the so-called “right to an abortion” ever even hinted at.
- ALL charges MUST be made via the Due Process of LAW; America’s Founders established the Rule of Law to safe-guard Liberties and Rights, NOT a rule of man/men to rule as authoritarian tyrants and despots.
- And NO PRIVATE property could EVER be taken without JUST compensation, and the due process of LAW. And there is NO “right” to take ANYONE’S PRIVATE property to give to another private entity for private use, (as Trump has violated many times).
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
- The Rule of Law was/IS Supreme. NO man or group was exempted, NONE preferred.
- There is to be NO favoritism, NO bigotry, NO pre-judging, NO “secret” charges, evidence, NOR “secret” witnesses.
- It was to be SPEEDY AND PUBLIC; NOT done in a darkened corner and to be drawn out with the accused languishing in jail indefinitely. This eliminates the years and decades long waits for execution that is common today among the those found guilty of capital crimes.
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
- Once a trial by jury reached a verdict then that person/crime, and NONE of the facts of the case can reexamined in ANY other court EXCEPT via the rules of COMMON Law.
- This appertains to all non-capital crimes.
- There was NOT to be a set of laws for different classes of people, it was The COMMON Law for ALL people.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
- The punishment was to meet, NOT exceed the crime.
- Hence, NO ONE was to be executed for theft, fraud, or other non-capital offences.
- The death penalty was NOT and is NOT “cruel and unusual”. See also HERE.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
- The Bill of Rights was NOT to be considered “all the rights and Liberties” of The People, and States.
- The Founders believed passionately that Liberty and Rights were LOCAL, i.e. FIRST with The People, Then with The States, LASTLY, with the Federal government.
- There was to be NO ruling, NO dispatching of rights and liberties, from a far off by a unknowing, uncaring people.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
- NO law, NO ruling from the federal government was to ever supersede The Constitution.
- NO law, NO ruling from the federal government was to ever restrict, redefine nor prohibit God-given, Constitutionally-Codified Law, rights and liberties.
- The Founders established the preeminence of law, rights, and liberties being LOCAL, ie FIRST with The People, Then with The States, LASTLY with the federal government.
- America’s Founders did NOT want NOR establish a rule of man/a group from a far off.
- They established the Rule of Law that began LOCALLY, individually.
- Government, first local, then State, then federal ONLY got involved to resolve disputes.
The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.
- This prevented a State or federal court from ruling on a decision in another State.
- It also prohibited the federal courts from becoming involved in a decision between States.
- ONLY upon appeal via the due process of law would a federal court become involved in deciding Stated cases.
The entirety of America’s Founding Fathers world-view was:
- As little government as possible.
- As much individual Liberty and Rights as possible.
- One person’s rights and liberties was NEVER to transgress against or trespass upon another’s rights and liberties.
- There was NO prohibition against the FREE and PUBLIC display, expression and celebration of the Christian faith.
- There was NO prohibition against a FREE press, regardless of their political and/or religious views.
- The deciding of any conflict, and trying and punishment of any crime was to begin local and ONLY move up upon appeal, when allowed, and then via the due process of law.
- We were founded upon the rule of Law– NOT the rule of man/ a group.
- America’s Founders CLEARLY saw LIFE as a God-given right that they thrice codified into Law.
FOR THOSE WHO SAY THERE IS “NO COMMON DEFINITION OF CONSERVATISM”, HERE IS THE COMMON DEFINITION OF CONSERVATISM WITH IT’S CORE PRINCIPLES, VIEWS AND VALUES.
A conservative is someone who rises above his personal self-interest and promotes moral and economic values beneficial to all. A conservative is willing to learn and advocate the insights of economics and the logic of the Bible for the benefit of everyone else. A conservative favors conserving value by not giving handouts to anyone who does not really need them.
A conservative typically adheres to principles of personal responsibility, moral values, and limited government, agreeing with George Washington‘s Farewell Address that “religion and morality are indispensable supports” to political prosperity.
Phil Crane, the leading conservative congressman in the House from 1969 to 2005, urged people to make the world a better place than where they found it, and quoted frequently from the Bible in pursuit of that goal.
IT’S PRINCIPLES, VALUES AND VIEWS.
Specifically, conservatives seek or support:
- Limited government and balanced budgets
- Capitalism and free markets
- Classroom prayer
- Respect for human life and prohibition of abortion
- Abstinence education
- Traditional marriage, not same-sex marriage
- The concept of retribution for crimes, including the death penalty for heinous murders proven beyond reasonable doubt
- Family values, including traditional relationships and division of labor within the household
- Respect for differences between men and women, boys and girls
- Laws against pornography
- The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms
- Economic allocative efficiency (as opposed to popular equity)
- Parental control of education (parental rights)
- Private medical care and retirement plans
- Canceling failed social support programs
- No world government
- Enforcement of current laws regarding immigration
- Respect for our military … past and present
- Rejection of junk science such as evolution and global warming
- Minimal taxation
- Federalism (Separation of powers among the National, State and Local governments)
- Favoring states’ rights over federal power, while accepting the Constitutional role of the federal government
- A strong national defense
- An Originalist interpretation of the Constitution
- A dedication to the truth, and an ability to seek it
- Ending entitlement programs
- pro-sovereignty (opposition to globalism and support for the Strategic Defense Initiative)
- pro-parental rights (support of parental control over school curriculum, and opposition to mandatory vaccination)
- pro-alternatives to rule by the Establishment
- pro-Second Amendment
- pro-Christianity in the public square
- pro-traditional marriage (opposition to “same-sex” “marriage”)
- pro-Constitution – (and anti-Con Con)
- pro-working class
- anti-judicial supremacy
- anti-illegal immigration
- anti-federalizing crime
NOT ONE word that I posted is “my own invented and peculiar defining and view of” Conservatism.
I searched. studied, researched and compiled what is commonly known, knowable and accepted as Conservatism.
To be true, yes, there has been a splintering of what some call Conservatism into factions and groups, this is a divide and conquer tactic predominantly employed by The Left and by the ignorant or some self-seeking motive.
BUT when one traditionally claims Conservatism, THIS is it.
NO longer is the excuse of “NO Common understanding and defining of Conservatism” a valid excuse for claiming to BE Conservative and yet NOT embrace Conservative Principles, and to actually share and hold to Liberal Principles and Values. THIS forever removes that as the phoney cloak to operate as a “Liberal-in-Conservative-Clothing”, such as Milo Yianopolous, Steve Bannon, Steve Mnuchin, Rex Tillerson, and Donald Trump, and a host of other Alt-Right/Fascists and R.I.N.O.s .
ANYONE who from this point on says “I didn’t know/ There is NO Common understanding of what Conservatism is” is either a liar or stupid. And neither should be listened to or followed.
Federalism: Taking Back Constitutional Rights And Liberties
THAT IS what Conservatism IS. Now here is what it’s NOT:
You Are NOT A Conservative If…
“I’ve had all I can stands and I can stands no more!”
-Popeye, the Sailor Man.
Ever since (so-called) Conservatives that I once admired began to slavishly slobber their support of Little, Lying, Donnie El Trampo I’ve held back the full fury of calling them out for their HYPOCRISY of supporting the most boorish, egotistical, rude, vile, vulgar, LIBERAL (again, so-called) Republican candidate to EVER run.
That ends NOW.
I calling them out en masse and in force.
From Rush Limbaugh to Sean Hannity to Anne Coulter to Michael Savage to Michele Malkin to Jeff Sessions to Ted Cruz to Brent Bozell…they are getting what they deserve:
EXPOSED AS FRAUDS.
When I read that Derek Hunter and Brent Bozell were defending Greg “The Slammer” Giantfart, and attacking Ben Jacobs, THE ASSAULT VICTIM, I had enough playing nice with these PRETEND Conservatives.
They could repent. Say they’re sorry. Make honest and real amends. And BECOME the Conservatives they say they are…BUT UNTIL THEN this applies to them, and ALL like them who support, embrace, endorse and/or excuse this:
If you support THIS, then you are NOT Conservative:
For most of the night and this morning I heard (so-called) Conservatives and Republicans say it WAS justified because:
- “Liberals had it coming to them. From Code Pink to OWS to Ferguson to The Black Panthers to ACORN to the Liberal MSM…”
First, I concede that all those are vile and mostly violent. And…so what?!! What does ANY of THAT have to do with Ben Jacobs? All Ben Jacobs did was walk in a room and ask questions. How does THAT justify getting body slammed?!! ANYONE defending Giantfart and attacking Jacobs is NOT a Conservative.
- “Because Obama spied on Conservatives Giantfart was justified in body-slamming Ben Jacobs.”
What did Ben Jacobs have to do with Obama’s spying?!!
My brother ate 6 cookies before dinner, so I should get a whooping?!!
ANYONE defending Giantfart and attacking Jacobs is NOT a Conservative.
- It’s “fake news”….um, THE WHOLE FOX NEWS TEAM WITNESSED AND CORROBORATED IT. Is Fox News “fake news” to you Trumpsters now??
- Lastly, I many on so-called Conservatives say it’s a hyped story. No. It’s a CRIME called ASSAULT!
ANYONE defending Giantfart and attacking Jacobs is NOT a Conservative.
This is just SOME of the deeply LIBERAL views and ACTIONS of DT!! Here’s The List:
Donald Trump votes/voted for, supports, funds THIS–
VOTED FOR JIMMY CARTER- TWICE
VOTED FOR WALTER MONDALE
VOTED FOR BILL CLINTON- TWICE
VOTED FOR AL GORE
VOTED FOR JOHN KERRY
VOTED FOR CHUCK SCHUMER
VOTED FOR BILL DE BLASIO
VOTED FOR HITLARY CLINTON
VOTED/FUNDED FOR PELOSI
VOTED FOR ANTHONY WEINER
VOTED FOR CHARLIE RANGEL
VOTED/FUNDED FOR MAXINE WATTERS
VOTED/FUNDED FOR BARBARA BOXER
VOTED/FUNDED FOR DIANE FEINSTEIN
VOTED/FUNDED FOR HARRY REID
VOTED FOR/FUNDED OBAMARXIST- TWICE
IS FOR A $15.00 AN HOUR MINIMUM WAGE
IS FOR TRANSGENDERS USING “WHATEVER” BATHROOM/SHOWER THEY WANT
FOR A BAN ON “ASSAULT WEAPONS”
FOR RAISING TAXES ON “THE RICH” (JUST LIKE SANDERS, CLINTON AND OBAMA)
FOR GAY/SAME-SEX “MARRIAGE” (SAID THE COURT HAD RULED AND IT WAS “THE LAW OF THE LAND”…UM, COURTS DO NOT MAKE NOR PASS LAW, CONGRESS DOES)
FOR MASSIVE TARIFFS THAT WILL FURTHER DAMAGE AMERICA’S ECONOMY AND JOBS
IS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS, GOLDMAN-SACHS, AND OTHER BANKERS THAT HE PRETENDS TO HATE
HAS SOROS, GOLDMAN-SACHS AND EVEN CLINTON PEOPLE ON HIS STAFF
FUNDS/SUPPORTS PLANNED PARENTHOOD
FUNDS/SUPPORTS CODE PINK
AND IS ENDORSED BY THE KKK AND STORMNFRONT!!!
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE…
I ISSUE THE CHALLENGE TO EVERY TRUMP-BOT TO SHOW ME HOW:
1) any of that IS Conservative,
2) how YOU can be truly Conservative and support THAT.
IF you support any of THAT you are NOT Conservative no matter how much you claim you are, no matter your protestations to being shown to be a Liberal FRAUD AND HYPOCRITE….IF you support THAT then you are NOT one bit Conservative!
HERE is what Conservatism is:
(REAL) Conservatives Against Trump
Donald Trump is no conservative. He’s a populist whose theme is: Our government is broken, and I’ll fix it.
He’s right on point one: Both parties have failed to lead. Obama and congressional Democrats manipulate the levers of power to push America farther toward European socialism; Republicans promise free-market alternatives but end up caving in to pressure or carrying water for the GOP’s own big-government special interests.
The American people have signaled in recent elections that they’ve had enough of business as usual, and now they want to clean house. Yet Trump is no better than what we already have. He’ll say anything to get a vote but give us more of the same if he gets into office.
Trump beguiles us, defies the politically correct media, and bullies anyone who points out that the emperor has no clothes. None of that makes him a conservative who cherishes liberty.
For decades, Trump has argued for big government. About health care he has said: “Everybody’s got to be covered” and “The government’s going to pay for it.” He has called for boycotts of American companies he doesn’t like, told bureaucrats to use eminent domain to get him better deals on property he wanted to develop, and proudly proposed the largest tax increase in American history. Trump has also promised to use tariffs to punish companies that incur his disfavor. He offers grand plans for massive new spending but no serious proposals for spending cuts or entitlement reforms.
These are not the ideas of a small-government conservative who understands markets. They are, instead, the ramblings of a liberal wannabe strongman who will use and abuse the power of the federal government to impose his ideas on the country.
My old boss, Ronald Reagan, once said, “The Founding Fathers knew a government can’t control the economy without controlling people.” Reagan fought for economic freedom, for reining in government so the private sector could thrive. That’s economic conservatism. It is not Donald Trump. — David McIntosh is the president of the Club for Growth.
In a country with more than 300 million people, it is remarkable how obsessed the media have become with just one — Donald Trump. What is even more remarkable is that, after seven years of repeated disasters, both domestically and internationally, under a glib egomaniac in the White House, so many potential voters are turning to another glib egomaniac to be his successor. No doubt much of the stampede of Republican voters toward Mr. Trump is based on their disgust with the Republican establishment. It is easy to understand why there would be pent-up resentments among Republican voters. But are elections held for the purpose of venting emotions?
No doubt much of the stampede of Republican voters toward Mr. Trump is based on their disgust with the Republican establishment. It is easy to understand why there would be pent-up resentments among Republican voters. But are elections held for the purpose of venting emotions?
No national leader ever aroused more fervent emotions than Adolf Hitler did in the 1930s. Watch some old newsreels of German crowds delirious with joy at the sight of him. The only things at all comparable in more recent times were the ecstatic crowds that greeted Barack Obama when he burst upon the political scene in 2008.
Elections, however, have far more lasting and far more serious — or even grim — consequences than emotional venting. The actual track record of crowd pleasers, whether Juan Perón in Argentina, Obama in America, or Hitler in Germany, is very sobering, if not painfully depressing.
After the disastrous nuclear deal with Iran, we are entering an era when people alive at this moment may live to see a day when American cities are left in radioactive ruins. We need all the wisdom, courage, and dedication in the next president — and his or her successors — to save ourselves and our children from such a catastrophe.
A shoot-from-the-hip, belligerent show-off is the last thing we need or can afford. — Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- support abortion
- support gay “rights”
- support gay “marriage”
- are anti-2nd Amendment
- Pro-Big Government/Government IS THE Answer
- pro-tax hikes/anti-tax cuts
- pro-Big Spending
- for welfare/entitlements
…you are NOT a Conservative.
And, if you’re mad right now…you are NOT a Conservative.
One last parting shot over the bow…
By The Way, THIS was all done by DEMOCRATS. HISTORICAL FACT.
-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.