You’re all in for a treat! First, this will be the compilation of TWO articles…AND will include MY sterling commentary…ABSOLUTELY FREE!
NUMBER 1. SYMPTOMS
7 Things You Need To Know About The Charlottesville Violence And White Supremacist Terror Attack
In the aftermath of Saturday’s Charlottesville, Virginia chaos — a physically violent conflict between disgusting white supremacist alt-right thugs and repulsive Antifa thugs, which culminated in a murderous attack by an apparent alt-righter on the Antifa crowd and other miscellaneous counter-protesters, resulting in the death of one person and injuries to another 19 — the hot takes have been coming fast and furious.
Here are some of the things you need to know about the awful events of yesterday.
1. The Alt-Right Is Not Conservative. One of the hottest takes from the Left is that the alt-right represents the entire right — that what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia represented conservatives broadly. That’s factually incorrect, and intellectually dishonest. The alt-right is not conservatives [NOR Conservative] who like memes or who dislike Paul Ryan. The alt-right is a philosophy of white supremacy and white nationalism espoused by the likes of Vox Day, Richard Spencer, and Jared Taylor.
Here’s Jared Taylor explaining the alt-right:
They openly acknowledge their antipathy for the Constitution and conservatism; they believe that strong centralized government is necessary to preserve “white civilization.” They label all their enemies “cucks” — men in favor of “race-mixing.” Here’s a solid guide to what the alt-right actually thinks.
2. The Alt-Right Has Successfully Created The Impression There Are Lots Of Them. There Aren’t. Thanks to the hard work of alt-right apologists like Milo Yiannopoulos, the widespread perception has been created that the alt-right is a movement on the rise, with a fast-increasing number of devotees. The media have glommed onto the alt-right in order to smear the entire conservative movement with it. The alt-right is quite active online — according to the Anti-Defamation League, I was their top journalistic target in 2016, and I received nearly 8,000 anti-Semitic tweets during the election cycle — but they aren’t particularly large. They fill up comments sections at sites like Breitbart, and they email spam, and they prank call people, and they live on 4chan boards, but the vast majority of alt-right anti-Semitic tweets came from just 1,600 accounts.
Thanks, however, to their online vociferousness, they convinced members of the Trump campaign, apparently including the president, that it was important not to knock them.
3. The Alt-Right Has Been Tut-Tutted By President Trump And His Advisors For Over A Year. Yesterday Was Nothing New. President Trump’s initial response to the attack in Charlottesville made no mention of the alt-right or white supremacy or even of racism. He simply stated, “We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It has been going on for a long time in our country — not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America.” Trump, who has been fully willing to call out radical Islam, had nothing to say about the alt-right. Some Trump defenders point out that Barack Obama never condemned Black Lives Matter in the wake of riots and shootings of police officers, either. But Obama was wrong, and his wrongness is not an excuse for Trump to sit by and do nothing.
On Sunday morning, the White House used an unnamed spokesperson to release a statement:
4. The Car Attack Was An Act of Terrorism. The alt-right piece of human debris James Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Ohio, apparently deliberately drove his vehicle into counterprotesters and Antifa members. That’s an act of political violence no different from the car attacks of Nice, France or Jerusalem or London Bridge. That’s terror.
5. Trump’s Unwillingness To Fight The Alt-Right Tooth And Nail Grows The Alt-Right. President Trump’s milquetoast statement has emboldened members of the alt-right. Here’s the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer: “He outright refused to disavow. People saying he cucked are shills and kikes. He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room.” That account may be unfair to Trump. But it’s what white nationalists are reading. They see Trump as a useful figure. David Duke said as much at the rally: “This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take this country back. We’re gonna fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump because he said he’s going to take our country back.”
6. The Left’s Malfeasance And Support For Violent Groups Like Antifa Grow The Alt-Right. Antifa was violent in Charlottesville. That’s not according to me; that’s according to Sheryl Gay Stolberg of The New York Times, who tweeted thusly:
A few wrap-it-up thoughts from Charlottesville: 1. Striking how many of the white nationalists were young people, almost entirely men. 1/3
2. The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right. I saw club-wielding “antifa” beating white nationalists being led out of the park 2/2
3. Among my unanswered questions: police response. Why did things get out of hand so quickly? Could violence have been prevented? 3/3
She was forced to backtrack and suggest that the Antifa thugs weren’t “hate-filled” after online blowback. But Antifa has trafficked in hate and violence for over a year now — we all remember how they’ve been assaulting people asserting their free speech rights in Berkeley, and how they have been engaged in street fights with alt-righters in places like Sacramento.
This isn’t “whataboutism.” Nothing justifies the alt-right’s racist perspective or murderous violence by an alt-righter. But it would be factually incorrect to ignore Antifa’s continuing role in the violent incidents that have now spread across the country. Because the Marxists in Antifa try to shut down free speech, they drive foolish people into the morally incorrect binary decision of supporting the alt-right, rather than loudly rejecting the ideology and violence of both sides. [NOTE: BOTH are Socialists. Antifa is Leninist Socialist/Communism. Alt-Right is National Socialist/Nazism. BOTH on The Left.]
7. The Media’s Broad Misusage Of The Term Alt-Right Grows The Alt-Right. Some members of the Leftist media have attempted to term large swaths of the right “alt-right” — just last week, some idiots in the media attempted to lump me in with the alt-right because I thought Google was wrong to fire James Damore. I am, for the record, perhaps the loudest voice against the alt-right in America, and I openly and repeatedly criticized Trump for failing to condemn the alt-right. For some evidence, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here. There’s a lot more where that came from. But the media seek to paint the entire right with the alt-right brush, even though the alt-right hates the Constitutional conservative right. That drives otherwise reasonable people into thinking that perhaps they are alt-right — and then they, in knee-jerk fashion, defend the actual alt-right because they’re confused about definitions. The Left needs to stop this nonsense immediately.
Charlottesville, Sacramento, Berkeley — we’re watching a microcosmic re-enactment of Weimar Republic brownshirt-vs.-reds violence in real-time, complete with the same flags being flown. Just as then, some leadership condemning the evil of alt-right white supremacy, the viciousness of hard-left Marxism, and the violence anyone commits in violation of basic rights should be unceasing and thunderous.
NUMBER 2. SOURCE
The Demise of Conservatism
THE TRUE REVOLUTION OF DONALD TRUMP
Going into the 2016 election cycle, we knew the damage done to this country by Obama. We saw our GOP public servants serving themselves and granting a wink and a nod to the Socialist Agenda imposed on the people. We recognized the success of the 100 year progressive agenda just about the time it had locked all of the prison doors from the outside. In a panic we clawed our way around trying to find an exit, an escape from the trap that had been sprung.
A fire was burning through the grassroots, a fire of anger, a fire of passion and a fire of desperation. Now, being trapped in this burning room, that fire is not devouring our enemies outside the walls but is consuming us from within. Still we cannot see the wisdom of rational thought. We are still panicking and clambering our way over one another to get out.
America chose Trump, not by any sense of moral conviction but in panic. God did not pick Trump to become the nemesis of the left, to fight our battle for us or to reverse the trend of societal decay. If anything, God allowed Trump to become the president to illustrate how far we have fallen. That message is lost if the people who are called by His name do not use their eyes to see and ears to hear. It is lost as long as they continue to justify his corrupt actions, self aggrandizement and spiteful rhetoric. The message is lost as long as His people play the role only Christ, Himself, was meant to play in covering Trump’s multitude of sins. Christians and Conservatives need to stop performing the role of Devil’s advocate simply for the sake of damage control.
“He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.”
There is a contingent who cannot bring themselves to celebrate Trump’s triumph over Hillary, who cannot rejoice in his victory over the left. It is not because these people would rather have Hillary as president. It is that those who oppose Hillary were resigned to the fact that she was going to be president and our plan was to establish a united front to oppose her every step of the way. We would have stood shoulder to shoulder with all of you in our opposition to her. Now, feigning resignation to the chosen one, those who stood against expanding government have committed their security to the Republican who has taken control of the white house. In that knowledge, they are able to sleep at night. Still believing that the platform of the GOP is what it has always been, they take comfort.
Unable to fathom dissent from the right against a GOP president, those who support Trump in his fight for America fail to realize the America they envision him fighting for no longer exists. He is in the white house for one purpose. He is a place holder. He is keeping the seat warm for the next smooth talking progressive Democrat to take his place at the next opportune moment. Ideally, Democrats are determining who their candidate will be. As Trump has illustrated by text, Tweet and press conference he is not capable of governing. With every rally he holds, every message he conveys and every attack he launches he is proving to the people that he is not worthy of his office.
There will rise a Democrat who will appear as the adult in the room, who will convey a hope of unity and who will resonate with a progressive message to sweep victory away from Donald Trump. They will be able to reach the undecided with a message that contradicts all of Trump’s “honesty.” This is the person Trump is keeping the seat warm for. While the GOP stands for nothing but taking over a residence, there will be one who can package the progressive message in such a way that it will be palatable to the people.
Not only will Trump, with his current 33% approval rating, single handedly deliver victory to his political rival but he will have effectively destroyed the unity of the conservative movement. This will have paved the way for the Left’s next golden child to walk right into DC having faced no real difficult opposition from divided Right. We will have handed over the moral high ground. We will have conceded that victory is tantamount to principle. We will have conceded every point of protest we laid claim to prior to Trump gaining the most prominent position in the GOP, that of president of the United States of America.
It is not defeat that Conservatives fear. It is the sacrifice of every position Conservatives have championed thus far in order to secure victory. It is to offer up as our mascot, the antithesis of our stand on every position. If relinquishing all positions of the Conservative agenda (limited government, preservation of Life and the preservation of the individual to pursue their own definition of contentment) requires we declare Trump the figurehead of what we stand for, then we, like Trump have openly declared, “We stand for nothing.”
The result will be a landslide defeat of conservativism. Christians will have predicated their political savvy on a man who has never encountered the salvation Christ provided. The Conservative will have negotiated away any semblance of moral high ground. The people, once again, will vote with little knowledge that the only real resolution to America’s dilemas lies not in a man occupying a position of prominence but in the people themselves.
What we needed was a president that realized the damage done to America over the last 8 years, who understood how far we had drifted from liberty and had the political wherewithal to begin to unravel it; one who recognized the greatness inherent in the people of this blessed nation. What we received was the answer to a leftist prayer on the Right. We received a placeholder for the next eloquent progressive candidate who is capable of selling the substance of the people back to them in the form of redistributed charity.
KISS AMERICA, OUR CONSTITUTION, LIBERTIES, AND PROSPERITY GOOD-BYE.
MY CLOSING THOUGHTS.
DT is “The Old Testament King Saul”- picked by the backslid, sinful people.
He is NOT “King David”- God’s hand-picked choice, which would have been Cruz, Rubio, Santorum, or the one I wished had run and won, Mike Lee.
DT is NOT God’s pick, NOT God’s will, NOT in the sense of blessing and healing of the nation anyway.
DT IS God’s judgment on a backslid, sinful, cold-hearted, wicked nation who in 1962 BANNED HIM from public schools and the public arena…with the heart of the nation becoming increasingly coarse and the judgment of God becoming increasingly heavy.
To be honest, as I study cycles of apostasy and judgment, and end-time events…I do NOT see America recovering from this. This is NOT a “Reagan follows Carter” situation…
This is Reagan was “the last good king of Israel” and DT is the last very evil king…BABYLON IS NEXT.
-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.