Take your time.
Read this in portions if need be.
Digest it. Process it.
Then ACT armed with facts on it.
Quick recap of Parts 1 and 2.
The Truth matters.
Jesus said THAT ye shall KNOW THE TRUTH, and THE TRUTH shall make you FREE, (John 8:31, 32) Jesus also said that The Bible IS TRUTH (John 17:17), and HE IS TRUTH (John 14:6).
Jesus did NOT say this about:
love, mercy, grace, or compassion.
CHRIST SAID THIS ABOUT TRUTH.
We are told to speak THE TRUTH in love,
but nonetheless to speak THE TRUTH.
The Truth is NOT always pleasant-
What is pleasant is NOT always Truth.
The Truth is NOT always popular-
What is popular is NOT always Truth.
You want be free?
And LIVE THE TRUTH…
…UNDENIABLE FACTS ABOUT TRUTH:
- TRUTH IS ALWAYS TRUTH– EVEN IF NO ONE BELIEVES IT. ONE’S LACK OF BELIEF THAT FIRE IS HOT, WATER IS WET, AND THAT GRAVITY WORKS ON EVERYONE THE SAME EVERYWHERE DOES NOT CHANGE THE TRUTH.
- TRUTH IS ALWAYS TRUTH FOR ALL PEOPLE, OF ALL ERAS, EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES. TRUTH IS BOTH ABSOLUTE AND UNIVERSAL.
- RIGHT IS ALWAYS RIGHT.
- WRONG IS ALWAYS WRONG.
- IT’S NEVER RIGHT TO BE, SAY, AND DO WRONG.
- IT’S NEVER WRONG TO BE, SAY, AND DO RIGHT.
MY TAKE ON THIS?
Tom is responding to an article that reports a feud between two Conservatives, both are #AntiTrump, but one, Charles C. W. Cooke thinks Jennifer Rubin takes her #AntiTrump too far in a nit-picky way. I will NOT delve into that at all, what I will address is whether Conservatism can survive Trump.
Yes and No.
FIRST, the yes.
Conservatism survived Andrew Jackson, Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, FDR, Truman. JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Clinton, and Obama. IT can definitely and EASILY survive DT and his gaggle of gutless wonders and Commie sleaze-balls.
THEN, the no.
I think we sorely LACK two things to survive.
The will to do THE RIGHT THING(S).
I don’t see ANYONE in leadership with THE WILL to DO THE RIGHT THING.
I see and hear a cadre of spineless, moral-less, short-sighted, and selfish power-brokers who ONLY care about “what’s-in-it-for-me”.
And I think we’ve fallen OFF the cliff of Constitutionalism, Liberty, and Morality, and that we as a NATION are about to crash-n-burn and join the ash heap of history…I see the ENTIRE WORLD headed for THE END, (Ezekiel chpts. 37-39; Zechariah chpt. 14; I Timothy 4:1-3; II Timothy 3:1-8, 12, 13; II Thessalonians 2:2-13; and Revelation chpts. 6-21).
No one with THE WILL TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT.
NOT ENOUGH TIME TO CORRECT IT ALL.
That still does NOT change, NOR weaken The Truth.
“Wha-????”, you ask, “How’s that?”
Because EVEN IF everyone including me BELIEVED, SAID, DID AND LIVED THE WRONG WAY….AND WE ALL RAN OUT TIME…The Truth IS STILL The Truth. And The Truth we’d be facing then is Almighty God and what did WE do with, and about HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST…
...So, to wrap this up we have seen:
- Conservatism is under attack. DUH.
- Conservatism can withstand ANY attack given the WILL to fight and TIME to win.
- BUT DT is working 24/7/365 to ensure that we do NOT survive…
Having said ALL that I still am happy, confident, peaceful, no stress, no worries.
How, you ask?
Because MY faith and MY hope are NOT of THIS world, NOR in any mere man.
But like the old hymn of the church:
MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
THAN JESUS BLOOD AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
I DARE NOT TRUST THE SWEETEST FRAME
BUT WHOLLY LEAN ON JESUS’ NAME!
ON CHRIST THE ROCK I STAND
ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND-
ALL GROUND IS SINKING SAND.
NOW, FOR PART 3…
TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT THE ON-GOING FBI INVESTIGATION OF DT AND HIS CADRE OF COMMIES
FROM BENJAMIN WITTES, TWITTER PATRIOT:
Ten things you actually should know about FBI General Counsel James Baker, removed this week by Chris Wray—all of them actually true.
1) He was the counsel for intelligence policy at the Justice Department—which was the office that ran FISA warrants before NSD—in the period just after 9/11.
2) This was an incredibly grueling and tremendously important role that put him at the center of the process of bringing the warrantless wiretapping program under the FISA. It was also a role pivotal in bringing down the Wall between intelligence and law enforcement.
[MY NOTE: A wall placed there by Bill Clinton when he, a Liberal/Democrat, was President.]
3) He is not, whatever the fever swamp may be concocting about him, a partisan. I have known him for a long time. I have no idea what his politics are except some vague sense that they are moderate of some variety. He has worked comfortably in administrations of both parties.
4) He is one of the most deeply respected national security law practitioners out there. The very best of the very best think of him as a peer.
5) He is not a leaker. The idea is just silly to anyone who knows him.
6) He has been a mentor to lot of extremely fine people. A while back, he emailed me to ask me if—as a favor to him—I would meet with a protege of his, then in law school, to help think through how to run a journal. I agreed.
@togawamercer is now managing editor of @lawfareblog.
@togawamercer is not alone. A great many young people have benefited from his teaching at @Harvard_Law—even while he was in government—over the years. They are devoted to him. That should tell you more than what anonymous House Republicans tell @politico.
8) Yes, he is part of a close-knit circle of people who are close to Jim Comey. That group—from Chuck Rosenberg to Dan Richman to Jim [Baker] to others—are all major figures in their own rights. It says a lot about Comey that he attracts these people—and that they stay with him years.
9) Chris Wray has reassigned him to advise on “strategic projects”—which is almost surely code for warehousing and marginalizing him within the context of civil service rules that protect him.
10) Jim Baker is an altogether kind and decent human being. My strategic project advice for Wray is to stop buying yourself time with Trump and Congressional Republicans at the expense of such people.
The Russians hacked the DNC and released those emails. They also hacked the RNC but we haven’t seen ANY of those. That may be what’s compromising the GOP leaders—Trump has dirt on them that they’ll say ANYTHING to keep hidden.
Reince Priebus denied the RNC had been hacked. But the IC reported it had indeed been hacked
Then Benjamin Wittes recommends the following article:
This is an excellent piece from
@NatashaBertrand that gets a lot of things right. Amazing what happens if you talk to actual FBI folks and people like David Kris about what’s going on.
‘Trump fears them’: Former officials defend FBI leaders swept up in the Trump-Russia firestorm