In the Trump Universe of “Alternative Facts” the G.O.P., the former “Party of Lincoln, Coolidge, and Reagan”, the Republicans say THIS NONSENSE:
GOP impeachment report claims Trump did nothing wrong
President Trump committed “no quid pro quo, bribery, extortion, or abuse of power,” Republicans on the House committees investigating the Ukraine controversy have concluded in a 110-page report reviewed by Axios ahead of its formal release.
Why it matters: The report provides the basis for Republicans’ rejection of Democrats’ anticipated articles of impeachment against the president for the remainder of the House proceedings…
…House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in a statement responding to the report:
“The Minority’s rebuttal document, intended for an audience of one, ignores voluminous evidence that the president used the power of his office to pressure Ukraine into investigating his political rival by withholding military aid and a White House meeting the President of Ukraine desperately sought. In so doing, the President undermined our national security and the integrity of our elections.”
Some pertinent and logical questions IF Trump really did NO wrong, then:
- Why fire Comey?
- Why pressure Sessions to “retire”?
- Why the continued train of lies about “witch hunt”, “deep state”, Obama, Hillary, now Biden, “Fake News”, and the stupid Alex Jones-esque conspiracies??
- Why the document destruction?
- Why the stonewalling?
- Why ORDER all involved to NOT testify and NOT provide evidence?
- Why tamper with evidence?
- Why tamper with and threaten witnesses?
- Why withhold evidence that has repeatedly been lawfully subpoenaed?
- Why say that you WILL, and then repeatedly refuse to testify and/or be interviewed UNDER OATH?
Not one bit of that is the work of an INNOCENT man.
Report: Trump Knew About Complaint Before Aid Released
He distances himself from Giuliani’s Ukraine work
(NEWSER) – New allegations in the New York Times could be big news for the impeachment inquiry, if they can be proven. The Times, citing “two people familiar with the matter,” reports that President Trump knew about the whistleblower’s complaint when he decided to unfreeze military aid to Ukraine. The sources say Trump, who released the aid on Sept. 11, learned in late August that he had been accused of wrongdoing in withholding the aid while pressuring Ukraine’s president to carry out investigations that could help him politically. Trump was told about the complaint by White House counsel Pat Cippolone and other lawyers who were trying to figure out whether they were required to submit it to Congress, the sources say.
Days before Trump released the aid, he told US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland that no “quid pro quo” was involved. According to the Times‘ sources, Trump would have known at the time that investigators suspected otherwise. Bloomberg reports that the president is distancing himself from Rudy Giuliani’s efforts to get Ukraine to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden. He told former Fox host Bill O’Reilly in an interview Tuesday that he did not direct his attorney to Ukraine to push for investigations. “No, I didn’t direct him,” Trump said. “No, but you have to understand, Rudy is a great corruption fighter.” Giuliani has said his Ukraine investigation was “done solely as a defense attorney to defend my client against false charges.” (Giuliani says he’s not worried about Trump throwing him under the bus.)
The LAST line above is pure fantasy. The reality is, YES, Trump knew he was being reported for “quid pro quo”, and, YES, Trump is distancing himself from Giuliani’s Ukrainian “work”…aka as further evidence and witness tampering. BUT…and with Trump this is a BIG butt, the last line saying Giuliani is not worried about Trump throwing him under the bus is pure fantasy, aka LIE.
Here’s the reality:
‘I have insurance’: Giuliani warns Trump to not throw him ‘under the bus’ over Ukraine scandal during Fox News interview
On Fox News Saturday, Rudy Giuliani sat for an interview with Ed Henry, and appeared to suggest that President Donald Trump wouldn’t dare let him go down for the Ukraine scheme, because Giuliani could take him down with him.
“I’ve seen things written like ‘He is going to throw me under the bus,’” said Giuliani. “When they say that, I say, ‘He isn’t, but I have insurance.’”…
…He also accused his indicted associate Lev Parnas of lying about the role of Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) in the Ukraine scheme, and appeared to threaten him as well, warning that he “could make himself into another Michael Cohen” — a reference to Trump’s former lawyer who was excommunicated from the president’s circle and is now serving a federal prison sentence for fraud and tax evasion.
THE MYTH: Trump wont throw me under the bus. We have a “very good” relationship.
THE REALITY: Rudy threatens to take Trump down with him, AND threatens Lev Parnas, a former associate of HIS, who has been charged with fraud and corruption linked TO THE UKRAINE!
Pelosi to Trump: You’re Invited
Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer invite the president to stand up for himself
Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi invited President Donald Trump to testify in front of investigators in the House impeachment inquiry ahead of a week that will see several key witnesses appear publicly, the AP reports. Pushing back against accusations from the president that the process has been stacked against him, Pelosi said Trump is welcome to appear or answer questions in writing, if he chooses. “If he has information that is exculpatory, that means ex, taking away, culpable, blame, then we look forward to seeing it,” she said in an interview that aired Sunday on CBS’ Face the Nation. Trump “could come right before the committee and talk, speak all the truth that he wants if he wants,” she said. Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer echoed that suggestion.
“If Donald Trump doesn’t agree with what he’s hearing, doesn’t like what he’s hearing, he shouldn’t tweet. He should come to the committee and testify under oath. And he should allow all those around him to come to the committee and testify under oath,” Schumer told reporters. He said the White House’s insistence on blocking witnesses from cooperating begs the question: “What is he hiding?”
He said he’d provide “written testimony” UNDER OATH to the Impeachment hearings.
Friday, December 6th was the deadline to so. Did Trump follow through on the dual invitation AS HE SAID HE WOULD?
Let The Record show that the answer is NO. NO, Trump did NOT comply at all. Whine? Yes.
Blather with rage? YES.
Lie? OF COURSE, THAT’S ALL TRUMP DOES IS LIE.
But show up or send written testimony UNDER OATH?? Ya gotta be kiddin’ me! NO.
MORE TRUMP MYTH:
Trump Says He Knows ‘Nothing’ About Overheard Phone Call
Diplomat says Trump asked about ‘investigations’ while talking to another diplomat
…The first two witnesses were William Taylor, the top US diplomat in Ukraine, and George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs. Some highlights:
- Another phone call: In a new piece of information, Taylor testified that a member of his staff overheard Trump ask about the “the investigations” during a phone call with diplomat Gordon Sondland, reports the AP. The call took place one day after Trump’s call to the Ukraine president in July. (Sondland and the Taylor staffer were in a restaurant together when Trump called.) During the conversation, Sondland told Trump the Ukrainians were poised to move forward. After the call, the Taylor staffer asked Sondland what Trump thought about Ukraine. “Sondland responded that President Trump cares more about the investigations of Biden, which (Rudy) Giuliani was pressing for,” said Taylor, per Axios.
- More on that: Politico sees the call as “an explosive new detail,” and the Washington Post agrees, saying it ties Trump “more directly to the effort to pressure Ukraine to probe his political opponents.” Plus, it undermines Trump’s previous assertion that he barely knows Sondland. …Taylor said his “clear understanding” was that Ukraine aid and investigations were linked…
- When Kent was asked if there was any truth to the theory that Joe Biden pushed Ukraine to fire a prosecutor in order to protect his son, he answered, “None whatsoever,” per the Wall Street Journal. He shot down the conspiracy theory, one pushed by the White House, that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that interfered in the 2016 election. “I think it’s amply clear that Russian interference was at the heart of the interference.”
Trump’s MYTH that he “knew nothing” about phone calls, knew nothing about Giuliani’s “mission” to and in the Ukraine????
REALITY is that a table full of people on TWO separate occasions heard on the Trump side and on the Sondland or Giuliani side the conversations!!!
5 Big Lines From House Panel’s Impeachment Report
Intelligence committee outlines case against Trump
The next step in the impeachment process has unfolded: The House Intelligence Committee has released a 300-page report outlining evidence against President Trump. The panel is expected to approve the report in a party-line vote later Tuesday and send it to the Judiciary Committee ahead of that panel’s first impeachment hearing on Wednesday, reports the AP. Some of the big lines, from the AP, NBC News, Politico, and the Washington Post:
- “The impeachment inquiry into Donald J. Trump, the 45th President of the United States, uncovered a months long effort by President Trump to use the powers of his office to solicit foreign interference on his behalf in the 2020 election.”
- “[T]he President placed his own personal and political interests above the national interests of the United States, sought to undermine the integrity of the US presidential election process, and endangered US national security.”
- “To compel the Ukrainian President to do his political bidding, President Trump conditioned two official acts on the public announcement of the investigations: a coveted White House visit and critical US military assistance Ukraine needed to fight its Russian adversary.”
- “President Trump engaged in an unprecedented campaign of obstruction of this impeachment inquiry.”
- “The damage to our system of checks and balances, and to the balance of power within our three branches of government, will be long-lasting and potentially irrevocable if the president’s ability to stonewall Congress goes unchecked. Any future president will feel empowered to resist an investigation into their own wrongdoing, malfeasance, or corruption, and the result will be a nation at far greater risk of all three.”
WITCH HUNT! FAKE NEWS! CONSPIRACY! LIES! AND LASTLY: “I KNOW/KNEW NOTHING!”
BUT reality says…
Over 500 legal scholars agree President Trump committed impeachable conduct: President Trump betrayed his oath of office by seeking foreign interference in our elections for his personal, political benefit at the expense of national security interests.
Over 500 legal scholars signed an open letter stating President Donald Trump engaged in “impeachable conduct” in his dealings with Ukraine.
The letter said there’s “overwhelming evidence that President Trump betrayed his oath of office by seeking to use presidential power to pressure a foreign government to help him distort an American election.”
The scholars said both chambers of Congress “would be acting well within their constitutional powers” if they ultimately vote to impeach and remove Trump.
In closing, one more dose of cold, hard REALITY:
There’s “considerable evidence” of something for which there is no evidence. [GOP stuck on acquitted Biden.]
And there’s “no evidence” of something for which there is considerable evidence. [GOP blind/deaf on guilty Trump.]
This is today’s Republican Party.
“Set Eye-Roll on FULL POWER!!”
-Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer.